Sunday, October 9, 2011

Defenestration


Defenestration - act of throwing someone or something out of a window

How could he do this to me?  I had given him everything, and what do I get in return; this?  I stormed about my room throwing things and screaming in frustration.  He had told me that he loved me, that we would always be together, but that was a complete lie.

"I hate you, you stupid jerk."  I shouted out.  I glanced towards my bed and saw a stuffed panda bear.  He had given it to me a few months back at a carnival.  I tightly gripped it and brought it to my face; glaring.  Before I could think about what I was doing, I stomped to my window, threw it open, and chucked the small bear out.  Old albums, pictures, clothes, and anything else that was his or that he gave to me, I proceeded to throw out the window; crushing, ripping, or just smashing some things before throwing them out.
Our life together, our memories, and anything that connected me to him was now laying on the driveway.  The first time we held hands, kissed, and shared secrets together were now shattered and laid about in the debris of broken glass and ripped pictures.

Memories flooded my eyes when I collapsed onto the ground hysterically crying.  The time he had asked me out for a quick bite as he rubbed the back of his head shyly; the time he awkwardly placed his arms around me and when I turned to ask about it, he pecked my lips; the time when we had hung out with his friends, but he had held my hand the entire time; each moment felt like an eternity.  More and more images filtered through my mind as if I was watching some kind of sappy romance.  And finally, when he cheated on me, and I cried.

Shakily I stood and dragged myself towards my nightstand.  The last picture I had of him sat there; mocking me.  I drew in a choppy breath, and slowly let it out.  The picture shook in my hands and the image blurred.  My finger traced his face lightly.  I stepped up to the window and with one more glance down, his image fell and shattered along with his other memories.

I felt strangely light as I laid onto my overturned bed.  The first time since that morning, a small smile plastered its self upon my face as if a weight was lifted off my shoulders.  I couldn't help but laugh at my previous actions.

I would never allow myself to be thrown out again by any guy, instead, I would happily throw them out 'the window' instead.  I shook my head, stood, and went to clean up the mess that was now nothing to me.

~Silver Sun

4 comments:

  1. Way cool word and I really like the conclusion. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't read this because the font hurts my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I only read the word and the definition.

    I actually looked up the word when I first saw it. And I laughed out loud. What do they call that again? Oh yeah, LOL. That's what I did. I LOLed.

    ReplyDelete