Friday, January 13, 2012

Paris



I was excited on my first day in Paris.  It was filled with new site, sounds, and smells.  I giddily skipped around taking everything in as I headed to my hotel.  A lopsided grin spread across my face anytime someone said anything in french.  As soon as I got to the hotel and walked into my room, I collapsed on my bed and went to sleep.
The next day I at a delicious breakfast and made sure to get ready before leaving.  I wandered the city I was in and again took in the sites.

"Where should I go today?" I muttered to myself.  After several hours of wandering around and seeing what there is to see, I spotted a cute cafe and quickly took a seat.  I ordered my food, and as I waited, I watched a woman with two kids.  She was walking one in a stroller and holding the hand of the other.  The woman had a genuine smile on her face as she pointed things out to her children asking them what it was.  I smiled in content and leaned back basking in the sun.

A young man came over to my table and placed down my order before swiftly moving on to the next customer.  Paris was where I tasted the most amazing and fresh french bread with homemade creamy potato soup.  The food was delicious and filling.  Once I was done eating and drinking a glass of water, I decided it would be good to find a park and draw.  I wandered awhile, but finally came across one.  I sat on the park bench and took out a pad of paper, pencils, and a eraser.

After drawing and sketching people for awhile, I noticed it was getting dark, so with little trouble, I headed back to the hotel.  The next morning I window-shopped.  Paris was where I bought a beautiful Fleur necklace that hang to my collarbone.

Feeling happy about my purchase, I once again sat at the little cafe and ordered my food.  The man next to me was old and very cute.  He invited me over to his table where we chatted long after we paid for our meals.  He told me about his family and asked about mine.  We talked about just about everything we could think of.  Eventually we parted ways.

Wandering paris was a nice and carefree way to view it.  It gleamed in the daylight and glowed at night.  Paris was truly magical.  Every morning for the next six days, I would go to the cafe and then go where ever my feet took me.  Sometimes I was shopping, other times I was chatting with a few locals or even a few tourists.

Paris was where I learned to just be carefree, live day to day, and to not worry about how the future will play out.  It was a beautiful, creative, and romantic place.  I enjoyed being there and seeing, smelling, tasting and hearing new things everyday.

~Silver Sun

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Paris would welcome you back when you're ready to return.

    ReplyDelete